Microneedling improves complexions in Calgary, AB
Would you like to have smoother skin with a brighter tone? Microneedling is a minimally invasive technique that marshals your body’s own healing processes to improve skin tone, texture, and tightness. This cosmetic treatment is available at the Calgary, AB practice you know and trust for your family’s healthcare needs – Vanguard Medical & Aesthetic Clinic.
About the derma roller procedure
Microneedling is sometimes called collagen induction therapy because it stimulates the body to produce fresh collagen. This protein is essential to a healthy skin structure.
- First, the skin is cleansed.
- A numbing cream is applied for comfort.
- The derma roller contains many hair-fine needles. The clinician makes several passes with it in varying directions over the treatment area, penetrating the skin to a carefully controlled depth.
- The derma roller creates microcolumns in the skin. Oxygenated blood supply at the surface is increased, and natural healing mechanisms – production of collagen and elastin – are triggered.
- These tiny punctures also allow topical serums or medications for special skin conditions to penetrate more deeply.
- Skin is cleansed again and protected with a moisturizing sunscreen.
Treatment is well tolerated and micro-needling downtime is minimal. You may return to work or other activities right after your appointment, and wear makeup the next day. There can be some pinkness or slight swelling, but it typically resolves quickly.
Within about three to five days, increased cell turnover generates some flaking or peeling, which can be camouflaged with moisturizer. Then, a fresh complexion emerges, and improvement continues for several months as collagen builds.
The doctor may recommend a series of micro-needling sessions for initial rejuvenation, then periodic re-treatment to maintain results. Some patients schedule this safe, natural treatment monthly to keep skin looking its best.
When microneedling is recommended in Calgary, AB
You may be a good candidate for microneedling if you have:
- Acne scarring
- Active acne
- Dull complexion
- Large pores
- Lax skin
- Pigmentation irregularities
- Stretch marks
Is this procedure right for you? Search the internet for “micro-needling before and after” images to see real results. Then call Vanguard Medical & Aesthetic Clinic at (403) 250-9509 to schedule your complimentary consultation.