Women’s health care in Calgary, AB
New: Women’s Health Clinic at Vanguard Medical Clinic
Vanguard Medical Clinic is pleased to announce the addition of a female physician to our team! Dr. Alicja Kennedy, MD, CCFP, MPH will be starting in mid-January and will be will be running an inclusive women’s health clinic to improve patient access and care.
Dr. Kennedy’s clinic will be starting in mid-Jan and she is pleased to accept referrals** for the following:
- Contraception discussion and management
- IUD and Nexplanon insertions and removals
- Endometrial biopsies
- Female physicals
- Breast exams
- STI testing and management
- Prenatal appointments until transfer to OB/low-risk OB
- Post-partum visits and well-baby checks up to 6 weeks
- Other women’s health issues on a case-by case basis (i.e. vulvar biopsy)
*Patients who have female biology regardless of how they identify.**Physician referrals are preferred but we will accept self-referrals as well.
Women’s Health Care
As a woman, you have unique health care needs and it is important to have a women’s care provider you can trust. At Vanguard Medical & Aesthetic Clinic in Calgary, AB, we provide a variety of services at our women’s health clinic. Women’s wellness is one of our special focus areas, and providing compassionate, thorough, and understanding care for women of all ages.
Services offered at our women’s health center
There is more to women’s health than just your annual well-woman exam, though that is an important part of your overall care. The women’s health services we provide include, among others:
- Annual exams, including PAP smears or other testing to ensure you are healthy
- Consultations on birth control, including a discussion of which options might work well for you and procedures such as IUD insertions or removals
- Gynecological exams if you are experiencing any abnormal symptoms or issues
- Breast exams as part of your well-woman exam or if you find any abnormal lumps or irregularities
- Sexually transmitted infection diagnosis and treatment
- Prenatal health care to monitor the health of both you and your developing baby during pregnancy
Our entire medical team is dedicated to serving you and listening to your concerns. We understand that no two patients are alike and therefore, the option that is best for one patient is not the right treatment for another. We take the time to discuss all your options for diagnosis and treatment when the need arises and are happy to answer all your questions.
Schedule your women’s health appointment today!
Whether you are experiencing symptoms of a female health problem or are simply due for your annual women’s health exam, we are here for you at Vanguard Medical & Aesthetic Clinic. As your medical home, we also provide other medical services for comprehensive care, such as chronic disease management and acute care visits.
To schedule an appointment at our Calgary, AB office, call (403) 250-9509 today!